I guess this is what I get when I have four boys and only one girl. The older boys decided that they wanted to make Graci look like a boy so they convinced her to play hairshop. They quietly lured her to the basement and told her that they wanted to play with her. Graci being only two went along with it. Gavin got some safety scissors from the cuboard and proceeded to cut off one entire half of my sweet little woman's hair. Graci thought that it was fun of course. Then, instead of coming and telling mom and dad what had happened the other boys helped hide the evidence. Gage gathered up all of the hair and threw it away. Gibson stashed the scissors in the toy room so that we couldn't find them. John and I just put the kids to bed without ever noticing anything. We were tired and couldn't get kids to bed fast enough. We didn't find out about this fun little game until the next morning when I went to comb Graci's hair. I was devastated!! My only little girl, my one bonding partner, my little doll that I play dress up with, was missing half of her beautiful hair!!! I called Margeaux in tears and she came out to finish the job. It was so hard to watch. But, when she was done Graci was happy, and I have to admit, that even though I was still sad, she looked darling! She could have a crew cut and still look like a doll face. So, we had a family meeting about being honest and about choosing the right, and the boys all said that they were sorry. Her hair will grow back, but I'm afraid that this is just the beginning of chilren conspiring against their parents!
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear about her hair. My kids have cut hair before. Unfortunately my then 6yo and 4yo children both cut my then 2yo's hair within weeks of each other and only a few weeks before her 3rd birthday. Her hair was so short and boyish by the time my mom finished fixing it the second time. I was so sad, but her hair grew back so fast! It's been a year and her hair is past her shoulder blades. (((()))) Graci's new haircut is darling, even if it was unwanted. :)
ReplyDelete