Saturday, May 30, 2009

From the Mouth of Babes

It's so funny how honest little children can be. John and I try to teach our children manners and how to be polite. They really try, but unlike adults that can be polite on the outside but inside they are thinking what they would really like to say, children just say what they are thinking no matter. Example- We were coming home from Idaho and stopped in Tremonton for lunch at McDonalds. That is always a scary thing for me because I'm afraid that my kids will be mean to other kids and then I get chewed out by the mother. But, we stopped so the kids to get out of the car for a while. We went in and their were a few kids playing and our children just joined in. Well, there were some little girls that thought it would be fun to torment our boys and started to tease them and call them names. I took our kids aside and explained to them that even if the girls are being mean that we always are polite and say nice things about others. The kids went back and played for a few minutes and suddenly Gibson came running to me jumping up and down with excitement. He yelled in his loudest voice "Mom, I said nice things to those girls even though they are knuckle heads!!". I probably should have told him that wasn't nice but I couldn't stop laughing. I think I learned a valuable lesson that day-teaching your kids to be polite is good, but sometimes just telling it like it is might be better, becuase sometimes people really are just a bunch of knuckle heads!!

1 comment: