Monday, March 2, 2009
Tag, You're It!
Do you remember as a kid playing tag? It was so fun! I always wanted to be "it". As an adult, however, the game tag takes on an entirely new meaning. I was just telling John a few days ago how lucky we have been this winter. We got through all of the holidays without anyone being sick. I was hoping that we would just get through the end of March with no illness. But, karma kicked in and suddenly everyone in our house got sick. It started with just Gavin. He had the stomach flu for a couple of days. I can handle that, then it snowballed! By Saturday night ourhouse was just one giant toilet bowl! Everyone was puking everywhere. John and I felt okay, which was really lucky becuase boy did we have our work cut out for us! All night we were tagging each other, saying it was your turn to go and clean up yet another bed. We changed the kids sheets about 3 times each through the night. By about 6 am we were lying in our bed, delirious from exhaustion, telling the other that we would pay a million dollars if they would just take another turn. We bartered with money, doing dishes, changing diapers, you name it! All Sunday we just walked around like zombies! The good thing is that stomach flu doesn't last verylong. However, that karma came back, and now Doc has crupe and I'm home while John works! I guess he'd better start paying up!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment